Promotes Life Insurance Ownership and the mission of LIFE
CINCINNATI – Aug. 30, 2013 – Western & Southern Financial Group (Western & Southern) is supporting the efforts of the Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education to educate consumers about life insurance during September 2013 for Life Insurance Awareness Month (LIAM).
“Ownership of individual life insurance has hit a 50-year low,*” said John F. Barrett, Western & Southern’s chairman, president and chief executive officer. “Life Insurance Awareness Month is an opportunity to remind Americans of the importance of life insurance to their financial security.”
The Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education (LIFE) – a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping Americans take personal financial responsibility through the ownership of life insurance and related products – coordinates LIAM each year. MVP quarterback and NFL analyst Boomer Esiason is partnering with LIFE as national spokesperson to help encourage those who either don’t have any life insurance or who may not have enough to get the protection they need.
“We understand the impact an effective spokesperson can have on consumers,” said Barrett. “Our spokesperson, Cris Collinsworth, is making such an impact for Western & Southern. Boomer, a Cincinnati Bengals teammate of Cris’, will help raise awareness by sharing his own personal life insurance story.”
Through corporate and member company initiatives, Western & Southern’s support of LIAM will include:
- Highlighting the latest life insurance resources on Western & Southern’s corporate Facebook and Twitter sites;
- Presenting stories about unusual bequests as a lead in to information on the use of life insurance as a wealth transfer tool, on WSFinancialPartners.com, website of W&S Financial Group Distributors, the wholesale distributor of life insurance and annuities from member companies of Western & Southern;
- Providing LIAM information to consumers on wslife.com, the website of member company The Western and Southern Life Insurance Company (Western & Southern Life);
- Leveraging LIAM promotional materials in Western & Southern Life’s 182 offices across the country to connect with consumers in local communities; and
- Publishing an article about LIAM in member company Columbus Life Insurance Company’s digital publication for independent financial representatives who sell the company’s life insurance products.
*Trends in Life Insurance Ownership, LIMRA, July 2013.
The Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education (LIFE) inspires the public to take personal financial responsibility through the ownership of life insurance and related products. LIFE is the voice of choice for the industry providing the highest quality independent and objective information about life insurance and related products. To learn more about LIFE, go to www.lifehappens.org.
About Western & Southern Financial Group
Beginning in Cincinnati in 1888 as The Western and Southern Life Insurance Company, Western & Southern Financial Group (Western & Southern) is celebrating its 125th anniversary in business. A Fortune 500 diversified family of financial services companies, its total assets owned ($40 billion) and managed ($20 billion) are in excess of $60 billion as of June 30, 2013. Western & Southern is one of the strongest life insurance groups in the world. Its six life insurance subsidiaries are (The Western and Southern Life Insurance Company, Western-Southern Life Assurance Company, Columbus Life Insurance Company, Integrity Life Insurance Company, The Lafayette Life Insurance Company and National Integrity Life Insurance Company). visit www.westernsouthern.com