A focus on flexible coverage, desired benefits and options
July 12, 2017 — BATON ROUGE, La.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Starmount Life Insurance Company, the dental and vision center of expertise for Unum (NYSE:UNM), has launched four new individual dental PPO plans in Florida and seven other states including Alaska, Colorado, Maine, Minnesota, Nevada, Pennsylvania and South Dakota.
Starmount’s highly anticipated Individual Dental 2.0 Plans are now available in 43 states and the District of Columbia.
Proper dental care is necessary to maintain oral and overall health, and dental insurance offers access to affordable, quality dental care. Individual dental plans are an alternative solution for those not eligible for workplace dental benefits, including part-time, contract and other “gig economy” workers, as well as retirees.
High Demand for rich individual plans
Starmount’s new PPO plans are a direct response to the growing market demand for individual dental insurance with flexible levels of coverage, highly desirable benefits and plan options.
- Key advantages of the new dental PPO plans include:
- An easy online application process, personalized, web-based tools and mobile app for managing and accessing benefits
- An option to add a fully-insured vision plan with coverage for an annual eye exam and eyeglasses or contact lenses
- No waiting-period plan options and an increasing-maximum plan
- Coverage for people ages 65 and older
- Access to large, national dental and vision provider networks
- Fast claims processing and customer service six days a week
Starmount’s technology and online tools improve transparency and accessibility of dental insurance for individual consumers and brokers by offering multiple plans on one direct-to-customer website, DentalForAll.com.
The site simplifies dental benefits by:
- Offering consumers a straightforward, online shopping experience that includes a plan comparison feature and an easy, three-step purchasing process
- Providing brokers with customized agent links and personalized selling websites for client consultations and remote dental and vision sales
“Starmount is committed to adding value to the individual dental market with quality products and services that protect our customers’ health and financial wellbeing,” said Starmount President Deborah Sternberg. “The four new PPO plans offer consumers more choices to meet their health and budget needs, and allow us to expand our individual dental and vision business into new markets.”
About Starmount Life Insurance Company:
Starmount Life Insurance Company is a member of the Unum Group family of licensed insurers, and is a leading national provider and administrator of dental and vision insurance coverage for individuals and employees. Starmount is a registered trademark and marketing brand of Unum Group and its insuring subsidiaries. Known for reliable service and customer satisfaction, Starmount is admitted in 49 states, and rated A- (“Excellent”) by A.M. Best (2016), independent insurance analysts. The company also earned a spot on the prestigious 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performer list in life and health insurance. For more information, please visit www.StarmountLife.com.
For more information about Unum Group, please visit www.unum.com.