A starting point for retirement income conversation
July 09, 2014 – ST. PAUL, Minn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Tablet-friendly RetirementGPS.com helps financial advisors prepare clients for developing retirement income planning strategies.
“RetirementGPS.com is to a great place start the conversation about preparing for financial security for the long run.”
“Advisors are looking for ways to start the retirement income conversation,” said Kerry Geurkink, manager, Individual Annuity Marketing, Securian Financial Group. “They can visit RetirementGPS.com with their clients to help them shift focus from accumulation to developing a retirement income strategy.”
The site is a component of Securian’s comprehensive Retirement GPS program and is designed to help advisors frame conversations with clients about annuities and explore important retirement concepts including:
- Financial risks such as inflation and longevity
- Questions to consider when planning a retirement route
- Identifying sources of income for retirement
- How to keep finances on course throughout retirement.
Tools and resources
Securian’s Retirement GPS site offers financial advisors and their clients useful tools and resources:
- A survey on the page allows visitors to answer retirement questions and immediately see how their responses compare to others.
- The Destination Retirement brochure and workbook helps clients develop realistic retirement income strategies.
- The site also offers an educational Guide to Understanding Variable Annuities, which can be an important component of an individual’s retirement strategy.
“Advisors expect annuity providers to help them shape the retirement income conversation,” said Geurkink. “RetirementGPS.com is to a great place start the conversation about preparing for financial security for the long run.”
Since 1880, Securian Financial Group and its affiliates have provided financial security for individuals and businesses in the form of insurance, investments and retirement plans. Now one of the nation’s largest life insurance groups, it is the holding company parent of several companies.
Insurance products are issued by Minnesota Life Insurance Company in all states except New York where products are issued by Securian Life Insurance Company, a New York authorized insurer. Both companies are headquartered in Saint Paul, MN and each insurer is solely responsible for the financial obligations under the policies and contracts it issues. Product availability and features may vary by state.