Under the influence of ‘Alternate Capacity ‘ market experiencing a seismic shift
OLDWICK, N.J., September 3, 2015—In this episode of A.M.BestTV, A.M. Best Vice President Robert DeRose discusses a Best’s Special Report on the global reinsurance industry. Click here to view the video program.
In A.M. Best’s annual global reinsurance special report, it states that the reinsurance market is quickly evolving. “One factor that has greatly influenced the market over the past five years has been alternative capacity,” said DeRose. “This alternative capacity has caused a seismic shift in the market, which is forcing reinsurers to consider alternatives.”
A.M. Best put a negative outlook on the reinsurance sector in August 2014.
“The market has been quite remarkable, driven in large part by the absence of any major catastrophes and despite extraordinary challenges,” continued DeRose.
To access a copy of the global reinsurance special report, please visit here.
In addition, A.M. Best will present a webinar, titled, “State of the Global Reinsurance Market” on Wednesday, Sept. 9, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. (EDT). Panelists will include: DeRose, Managing Senior Financial Analyst Greg Reisner and Senior Financial Analyst Mariza Costa. Registration is free online at http://www.ambest.com/webinars/reinsurance15.
A.M. Best will also hold a briefing on the reinsurance market at Les 2015 Rendez-Vous de Septembre in Monte Carlo, Monaco. The briefing will be held at the Hermitage Hotel, on Sunday, Sept. 13 from 10:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. (CEST) and will feature A.M. Best senior analysts speaking on the current state of the reinsurance market. Inquire about the briefing at
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- Competition Among Auto Writers Heats Up: Auto insurers are increasingly turning to advertising to capture business as competition in the market increases.
- Health Care Captives Take on Wider Range of Risks: A panel of captive professionals discusses how captive insurance companies sponsored by hospitals and medical professionals serve a wider variety of insurance
exposures, including cyber liability and other emerging risks.
- NAIC Watchers Key on ORSA, Cyber Risk and Price Optimization: The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Summer Meeting drew high interest as insurance commissioners continue work on the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment Model Act (ORSA), cyber security, terrorism risk and price optimization.
- Captives Concerned By Federal Home Loan Bank Proposal: The Federal Home Loan Banks’ proposal to eliminate captives from the system is causing concerns among captives and an increase in captives hoping to join the
system while they still can.
- A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes here. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv
- A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance