Penn Mutual announces consumer awareness initiatives
September 04, 2014 – HORSHAM, Pa.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–During September’s Life Insurance Awareness Month, The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company is dedicated to furthering its goal to educate consumers about the possibilities permanent life insurance offers, and why it should be at the center of a sound financial plan.
In a 2012 myWorth Survey sponsored by Penn Mutual, a startling 85 percent of people surveyed didn’t know life insurance could provide anything more than death protection.
To help encourage Americans to learn about the dynamic and multi-purposed possibilities permanent life insurance has to offer, Penn Mutual has launched various initiatives.
- “Imagine the Possibilities” is a Facebook contest that asks consumers to submit a story about how life insurance has made a significant impact on their life. The contest welcomes stories of how a beneficiary was able to imagine and attain their life’s dreams because their loved one had a plan in place for the unexpected, or how the cash value from a permanent life insurance policy helped a person achieve a dream during their lifetime. The best story will be recognized with a $5,000 donation to a charity of the winner’s choice. Anyone can enter by simply visiting Penn Mutual’s Facebook page and completing the entry form. The contest concludes on September 30, 2014.
- “Perspectives on Life,” Penn Mutual’s blog, will launch in September. The blog will offer consumers and industry professionals insight from the company’s executive team and leaders.
Company spokespersons, including President, Chairman & CEO Eileen McDonnell, will share their stories and perspectives on the importance of permanent life insurance through the company blog and the media emphasizing the following:
- Permanent life insurance offers more than a death benefit. Life insurance also builds cash value, which can be accessed through loans or withdrawals for emergencies, college funding, retirement, and more.
- Permanent life insurance delivers protection that you own, rather than rent. Unlike term insurance, permanent life insurance allows you to achieve peace of mind through death benefit protection and the ability to take advantage of the possibilities that the policy’s cash value can offer.
- Permanent life insurance provides a head start if purchased early in life. The sooner you start, the more impact permanent life insurance can have on your financial future. Plus, when you are young and healthy, you lock in better rates and have more time to build cash value.
- Permanent life insurance grows with you if you revisit it regularly. As life evolves, so do your personal and family’s financial needs. Meeting with your financial professional regularly to revisit your policy will help ensure that it grows with you while you make any necessary adjustments.
Visit Penn Mutual’s Life Insurance Awareness Month page to find out more about the importance of having permanent insurance as the center of a sound financial plan.
Accessing life insurance policy cash values through loans and withdrawals will reduce the stated cash value and death benefit amounts, and may result in surrender fees and other charges. Because individual circumstances may vary, it is important to seek the assistance of a qualified advisor to assess the appropriateness of any referenced financial strategies. Not a guarantee of future performance or success.
About The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Since its founding in 1847, Penn Mutual has been driven by its noble purpose to create a world of possibilities. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that purchasing life insurance is the most protective, responsible and rewarding action a person can take, and is central to a sound financial plan. The company is committed to helping families unlock life’s possibilities through life insurance and annuity solutions. This is accomplished through a national network of more than 5,000 financial professionals, who help clients make great things possible. Penn Mutual supports its field representatives with brokerage services through Hornor, Townsend & Kent, Inc. Registered Investment Advisor and wholly owned subsidiary. Member FINRA/SIPC. Visit Penn Mutual here