Slate of 2020 officers also named
ATLANTA, Feb. 17, 2020 – The LOMA Life Insurers Council today announced that Susan A. Thomas, president and CEO of Texas Service Life Insurance Company, will serve as the new Board of Directors Chair for 2020.
“Susan has been an active and important contributor to the LIC since her company first joined in 2012,” said LIC Executive Director Jeff Shaw. “She has distinguished herself as a truly innovative CEO by committing fully to embracing all of the innovations and efficiencies that emerging technologies have to offer our industry. We are very much looking forward to having the LIC benefit from the same leadership and insights she has applied to her own company.”
Thomas joined the LIC Board of Directors in 2017. She succeeds Mark Singleton, president and CEO of Armed Forces Benefit Association/5Star Life Insurance Company, who will continue on the LIC Board as Immediate Past Chair.
Byron Allen, president and CEO of American Savings Life Insurance Company was elected as LIC Vice Chair and Francois Duguay, FCIA, FSA, senior vice president of risk management and chief actuary of Optimum Re, as LIC Secretary for 2020.
Two new members joined the LIC Board of Directors:
- Alan Jahde, JD, LL.M, CEO, Investors Preferred Life Insurance Company
- Greg Temple, president and CEO, Catholic Order of Foresters
Continuing LIC Board members are:
- Dan Acker, president, Equitable Life and Casualty Insurance Company
- Peter Hennessey IV, FLMI, LLIF, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Government Personnel Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Steven S. Lobell, CLU, chairman, president and CEO, American Home Life Insurance Company
- Tony Mravle, CEO, KSKJ Life, American Slovenian Catholic Union
- Brad Phillips, president, Liberty Bankers Insurance Group
- Tammy Schultz, FLMI, executive vice president and president of Global Preneed Business, American Memorial Life/Assurant
- Steve Shaffer, president and CEO, Homesteaders Life Company
About the Life Insurers Council
The Life Insurers Council is a council of LOMA that provides small-to-midsize life insurance company senior management with a personal network of peers sharing practical business solutions for the challenges companies with limited resources face. To learn more, visit www.loma.org/lic.
Established in 1924, LOMA is committed to business partnerships with over 900 worldwide members in the insurance and financial services industry. LOMA’s goal is to improve company management and operations through quality employee development, research, information sharing and related products and services. Visit LOMA at www.loma.org.