PlatinumPlus offers exclusive support and resources to brokerage firms
NEW YORK – February 11, 2014—MetLife announced today a new multi-tiered program to recognize the value of its broker relationships. The new program has two tiers: MetLife Platinum and PlatinumPlus and is designed to acknowledge select brokerage firms.
Brokerage firms who qualify for MetLife Platinum and PlatinumPlus will gain access to certain MetLife tools, support and services including:
- MetLife University: access to a series of training events featuring in-depth courses on benefits products and strategies led by MetLife experts
- Products & Services: may receive advanced access to MetLife’s new or enhanced products, plan design options or service models to offer to their clients during an introductory period
- Prioritized renewal information: presented with a 90-day minimum lead time across all group size segments
- Comprehensive overview reports: consolidated key metrics for inforce business, sales, and quotes, to assist with strategic planning
Exclusive Market Intelligence:
- Insights & Tools: reports and resources based on MetLife’s extensive research and benefits expertise
- Washington Review: a subscription to this quarterly e-newsletter that examines recent legislation, regulatory and policy changes related to employee benefits
In addition, PlatinumPlus qualifying firms will have access to additional concierge-level features including priority turnaround for RFP questionnaires, annual year-end reviews to help brokers develop their book of business, and a dedicated service escalation contact for service-related issues.
“By introducing MetLife Platinum and PlatinumPlus, we’re able to expand our relationships with key employee benefits brokers and support them as they grow their businesses,” said Michael Fradkin, Senior Vice President, Group, Voluntary & Worksite Benefits with MetLife. “MetLife Platinum and PlatinumPlus provide value-added services to help firms further optimize MetLife resources as they build and deliver solutions to their clients.”
Brokerage firms have achieved the Platinum level by meeting the requirements for MetLife’s 2014 Supplemental Compensation plan (either premiums or number of coverage groupings) and holding an 85% persistency rate with MetLife OR holding a 2013 book of business with MetLife of $25 million or more. There are two ways to be recognized at the PlatinumPlus level: either brokers qualify for MetLife’s 2014 Supplemental Compensation plan (both through premiums and number of coverage groupings), have a persistency rate of 85% and hold a book of business under $25 million OR they must qualify for MetLife’s 2014 Supplemental Compensation plan (both through premiums and number of coverage groupings), have a persistency rate of 89.5% and a book of business greater than $25 million.
Brokers and consultants should contact their MetLife Account Executive for more information about MetLife Platinum and PlatinumPlus and how to qualify.
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), through its subsidiaries and affiliates (“MetLife”), is a leading global provider of insurance, annuities and employee benefit programs, serving 90 million customers. MetLife holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.