‘Who Matters Most’ campaign highlights ‘reaching people through people’
OLDWICK, N.J., October 6, 2014—A.M. Best, publisher of Best’s Review magazine, has posted a new podcast interview with Chief Marketing Officer John Chandler of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual). Chandler is a keynote speaker at the 2014 Insurance Marketing and Advertising Summit (IMAS), to be held October 30 in Jersey City, NJ. To hear the full interview, visit here.
MassMutual, one of the largest U.S. life insurers, is a mutual insurer known currently for its “Who Matters Most?” advertising campaign on television and in other channels.
In the interview, Chandler describes how the insurer developed the campaign to share its unique perspective and to touch people with true-to-life scenarios. Topics Chandler covers in the interview include:
- The way to reach people is through people. “We care very much about portraying reality. Not reality TV but actual reality. For us that means casting people that are in the actual relationships that we portray.”
- How MassMutual’s mutual structure is expressed in its marketing. “What we’re really trying to do with our brand is leverage what I would call the essence of our mutuality, which is not something that is unique to MassMutual but is something that we take very seriously.”
- High-impact messages work across a variety of channels. “Multiple channels allow you to have a human interaction with people. You can demonstrate it through television. You can articulate it through online and through other types of activities. Then you can literally have the conversation through a social media platform. We try to connect all those different media and all of those different types of conversations and messages together so that we leverage every platform. “
Other speakers from the 2014 Insurance Marketing and Advertising Summit include:
· Mike Boyd, Head of Brand and Advertising, Farmers Insurance
· Jim Fiske, US Marketing Manager, Chubb Personal Insurance
· Dolores Marinelli, Marketing Communications Manager, Chubb Personal Insurance
· Ryan Hanley, Digital Marketing Lead, TrustedChoice.com
· Lynn Kesterson-Townes, Industry Lead for Smarter Commerce – Insurance, IBM
· Myra Lee & Teri James, Conning
· LeConte Moore, Managing Director, DeWitt Stern
· Gaye Torrance, President, Torrance Co.
· Charles Wasilewski, Vice President, Marketing Communications, The Van Aartrijk Group
· Mark Westin, Manager, Communications & Interactive Media, Acord
· Barry Rollins, Director of Marketing Communications, Lexington Insurance Company, LexTV
· John P. Greene, President, WRIN.tv
To learn more about IMAS and to register for the conference, visit www.bestreview.com/imas. The $199 registration fee includes conference materials, continental breakfast, lunch and a networking social to conclude the event. To inquire about a multiple attendee discount, contact Corporate Events Manager Stacey Ancker at [email protected].
Many of the speakers and panelists will be interviewed in advance on The Insurance Marketing and Advertising Podcast, at http://feeds.feedburner.com/insurancemarketing, where subscribers can
listen for free to these and past discussions.