From the start, Kerzner was an ‘agent of change’
WINDSOR, Conn.Robert A Kerzner – 2018 January 14, 2019—LIMRA and LOMA today announce the Robert A. Kerzner Scholarship Program, established to honor Robert Kerzner for his contributions to the insurance industry and his years of service as CEO of LIMRA, LOMA, and LL Global.
“Bob spent his career devoted to continuous learning and professional development. He believed educating employees was a key differentiator that led to the success of a company,” said Gina Birchall, chief operating officer, LIMRA, LOMA and LL Global. “With great thanks for the 14 years of service to LIMRA and LOMA and to the decades-long commitment to our industry, we created this educational award to honor Bob and his legacy.”
Beginning in 2019, the Robert A. Kerzner Scholarship Program may award an annual scholarship to an individual employed in the life, disability, worksite benefits and/or health insurance industry or in retirement services to fund the following professional development courses:
- The courses required to complete the Fellow, Life Management Institute designation program
- The courses required to complete the Fellow, Secure Retirement Institute designation
- The capstone program for the LIMRA Leadership Institute Fellow designation
Helped establish the Secure Retirement Institute
Bob Kerzner led LIMRA, LOMA and LL Global as president and CEO from 2004 until his retirement on December 31, 2018. From the start Bob was a change agent – rebuilding and refocusing LIMRA and strengthening its financial health. Over the 14 years as CEO, Bob led the merger of LIMRA and LOMA and was instrumental in establishing the LIMRA LOMA Secure Retirement Institute. Both initiatives bolstered the organization’s relevancy and value to the members.
“Our organization is on stronger footing and positioned for the future because of Bob’s leadership, vision and commitment,” said Birchall. “This scholarship is just a small way to demonstrate our gratitude.”
The Robert A. Kerzner Scholarship Program
LL Global may award one of the following annually to an individual employed in the life, disability and/or health insurance industry or in retirement services:
- The courses required to complete the FLMI designation*
- The courses required to complete the FSRI designation*
- The capstone program for the LLIF designation^
* Does not include course extension fees, course “re-take” fees, textbooks, or other fees associated with the program. Program must be completed within 2 years of award date; if student has already started the program prior to applying for the scholarship, no refund or monetary award will be made for previous classes completed.
^ Applicant must have completed all required coursework to quality for Capstone program; award would be for next scheduled Capstone classes. The Recipient is responsible for all costs associated with attending the program (e.g. travel expenses).
To learn more about the program or to apply, please visit Robert A. Kerzner Scholarship Program, here.
These are the guidelines for the scholarship, please read them carefully:
- 1 application per person per calendar year,
- Prior recipients are not eligible,
- Open to employees of all LIMRA and/or LOMA member companies regardless of geographic location;
- If awarded for LLIF Capstone, recipient is responsible for all expenses related to attending the program (e.g., travel, passport, etc.);
- The monetary value of the award may be taxable income to the recipient.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and employed in the insurance/financial services industry for at least 3 years with a LIMRA and/or LOMA member company (in any country) at the time of application.
- Preference will be given to applicants whose employer will not pay for or reimburse course of FLMI/FSRI study or Capstone program.
All applications must be received by May 31 for that year’s award. If an award is made, the winning applicant will be notified by October 15th.
Serving the industry since 1916, LIMRA, a worldwide research, consulting and professional development organization, is the trusted source of industry knowledge, helping more than 600 insurance and financial services companies in 64 countries. Visit LIMRA at www.limra.com.