More than 400 educational events held in 2012, including a training series attended by nearly 8,000 advisors
LANSING, Mich.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Jackson National Life Insurance Company® (Jackson®), a leading provider of retirement solutions with assets of $129.9 billion, announced today an extensive list of alternative investments training opportunities for financial advisors in 2013 with a focus on understanding alternative asset classes. With more than 400 educational events held in 2012, Jackson established itself as a leader in alternatives education, a growing area in portfolio planning.
“Although financial advisors continue to seek ways to incorporate alternatives within client portfolios, many are unclear on how to effectively utilize these asset classes and confidently explain alternatives to their clients,” said Clifford Jack, executive vice president and head of retail for Jackson. “At Jackson, we are dedicated to educating representatives on alternative investments so they may help their clients consider new ways to manage risk in their portfolios.”
Jackson’s alternative investments educational campaign kicked off in March 2012 and includes a microsite (www.elite-access.com), regional seminars, webcasts, training programs, multimedia marketing materials and an upgrade to Jackson’s Portfolio Construction Tool to include alternative asset classes and correlation analysis.
In addition, Jackson hosted the following events in 2012:
- 130 Continuing Education courses for more than 3,500 advisors including certifications for State Insurance; Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA); Certified Financial Planner (CFP); Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU); and Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- 115 educational seminars in Q1 attended by nearly 4,000 financial advisors explaining the need for alternatives in an investor’s portfolio
- 114 educational seminars in Q3 and Q4 attended by nearly 4,000 financial advisors focusing on how to incorporate alternatives into client portfolios
- Monthly Alternative Investment Conference Calls that provided insight into a particular alternative strategy, explaining the strategy’s effectiveness and its impact on a portfolio
- Seven two-day, deep-dive alternative training events for 500 advisors which offered an in-depth look at multiple alternative strategies, portfolio construction and taxation
“Our wholesalers have completed extensive education to make sure they not only understand the options available to investors, but are able to share that with advisors,” said Bill Burrow, senior vice president of National Sales Development for Jackson. “With one of the largest wholesaling forces in the industry, we are able to devote substantial resources to answer advisors’ questions and ensure they are comfortable with the nuances of the investment options available to them. In addition to our sales force, Jackson utilizes the expertise of our many alternatives-focused money manager partners to extend education even further.”
In 2013, Jackson has even more ambitious plans for alternative education training, including:
- 30 regional half-day training events beginning February 26 in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Six national full-day training sessions beginning in June in Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York and San Francisco
- 120 alternative education training sessions, kicking off in May
- 130 alternative investments Continuing Education training sessions throughout the year
- Virtual training seminars
- Quarterly Alternative Market Webcasts
- Monthly Alternative Investment Conference Calls
“The importance of incorporating alternative investing strategies into portfolios has become evident, given continued volatility and increased correlations in the traditional equity market,” said Jack. “Utilizing alternative asset classes can help advisors construct counter-correlated portfolios, which helps address market fluctuations and provides the potential for greater returns with less risk.”
Advisors who wish to learn more about Jackson and its alternative education programs, or the support offered by the company’s wholesaling and marketing teams, can contact Jackson by calling 800-711-JNLD (5653) or visiting www.jackson.com or www.elite-access.com.
About Jackson National Life Insurance Company
With $129.9 billion in assets (IFRS)*, Jackson National Life Insurance Company (Jackson) is a leading provider of retirement solutions. The company sells variable, fixed and fixed index annuities, and institutional products. Through its affiliates and subsidiaries, Jackson also provides asset management and retail brokerage services Jackson markets its products in 49 states and the District of Columbia through independent and regional broker-dealers, wirehouses, financial institutions and independent insurance agents. Jackson’s subsidiary, Jackson National Life Insurance Company of New York®, similarly markets products in the state of New York. For more information, visit www.jackson.com.