Company launches two new products offering growth, protection and flexibility
March 19, 2018 — DENVER–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Jackson National Life Insurance Company® (Jackson®) today announced the launch of MarketProtector and MarketProtector Advisory, two new fixed annuities with index-linked interest. These products provide consumers with the sought-after combination of tax-deferred investment growth, protection from market risk and the flexibility to adapt to changing needs in retirement. Most notably, both products offer IncomeAcceleratorSM, an add-on lifetime income benefit that allows consumers to safeguard their financial futures with income that lasts as long as they do.
“As our industry continues to evolve and the country’s looming retirement crisis grows, Jackson is working even harder to introduce quality products that meet the long-term needs of investors who are planning for today, tomorrow and what’s next,” said Greg Cicotte, executive vice president and chief distribution officer for Jackson. “In this effort, we are honored to partner with respected advisors who value products that can add growth, protection and flexibility to a comprehensive financial plan as they help consumers prepare for retirement.”
MarketProtector’s and MarketProtector Advisory’s key features include:
- IncomeAccelerator: IncomeAccelerator is an optional add-on benefit that offers the ability to obtain a protected lifetime income stream. IncomeAccelerator is available for an additional charge for investors ages 50-80.
- Indexes: The S&P 500® and MSCI EAFE are two broad-based indexes that allow consumers to grow their interest. These 100 percent equity indexes can be independently tracked and have historical data available to illustrate past performance.
- Credit Methodologies: Income can increase by allocating index gains via two crediting methods — Annual Reset Point to Point Performance Trigger and Annual Reset Point to Point. Both options can help investors earn interest in a variety of market conditions.
- Compensation Structure: Advisor compensation is fee-based for MarketProtector Advisory and commission-based for MarketProtector.
- Indexed Option Periods: There is no withdrawal charge for MarketProtector Advisory. MarketProtector offers a diminishing withdrawal charge schedule for 5, 7 and 10-year Indexed Option Periods, providing choice as consumers’ priorities change when planning for retirement.
“We’re extremely excited about this launch, as we’ve seen increased demand for this product line and we welcome the opportunity to form new relationships with financial professionals in the advisory space,” said Marilynn Scherer, vice president of Fixed and Fixed Index Annuity Product Development for Jackson National Life Distributors LLC (JNLD). “The MarketProtector family combines the protection of a fixed annuity with the potential to benefit from additional interest. As Americans strive to address personal investment challenges for life after work, these products help risk-adverse consumers seek growth potential amid market uncertainty, while providing lasting income and the flexibility to access their money whenever needed.”
Jackson is committed to providing education, service support and digital tools to increase the ease of doing business through a new product offering. Financial professionals who would like to learn more about MarketProtector and MarketProtector Advisory can contact Jackson at 800-711-JNLD (5653) or visit www.jackson.com.
Jackson is a leading provider of retirement products for industry professionals and their clients. The company offers a diverse range of products including variable, fixed and fixed index annuities designed for tax-efficient growth and distribution of retirement income for retail customers, and fixed income products for institutional investors. Jackson subsidiaries and affiliates provide specialized asset management and retail brokerage services. With $264.4 billion in IFRS assets*, Jackson prides itself on product innovation, sound corporate risk management practices and strategic technology initiatives. Focused on thought leadership and education, the company develops proprietary research, industry insights and financial representative training on retirement planning and alternative investment strategies. Jackson is also dedicated to corporate social responsibility and supports nonprofits focused on strengthening families and creating economic opportunities in communities where its employees live and work. For more information, visit www.jackson.com.