The NYC-based summit on November 10 will explore the financial tech boom
NEW YORK, NY, November 10, 2016 /Marketwired/ – Ready Set Rocket, a New York City-based digital marketing agency, in partnership with Interbrand, the New York Stock Exchange and Baruch College, will host the “Defining Tomorrow: Lessons in Disruption” Summit on November 10th.
The summit will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET at Baruch College, 55 Lexington Ave., New York City.
Focused on exploring innovation within financial services, the summit will bring together industry leaders from Morgan Stanley, Thomson Reuters, Credit Suisse, New York Life, IBM and more, to discuss how new technology is disrupting the space and shaping the future of the industry.
“Digital disruption is a challenge for every modern industry, financial services included,” said Alex Lirtsman, founding partner and chief strategist of Ready Set Rocket. “The institutions that ultimately succeed, embrace technology and find innovative ways to apply it to the current landscape. Defining Tomorrow brings those experts together to explore their current success and what is coming next.”
Featured panels will include:
- Uncovering Unmet Consumer Needs: How financial brands have been able to identify opportunities and scale their operations to meet the needs of consumers underserved by traditional banking models
- Using Digital to Innovate vs. Disrupt: How technology is reshaping what’s possible for financial companies today and tomorrow, and how regulatory challenges and opportunities play into this evolution
- Building Partnerships to Navigate the Unknown: How brands are helping financial services companies to adapt and grow within the highly competitive and regulatory nature of the industry
“Competition in financial services has never been more intense,” said Josh Feldmeth, CEO North America of Interbrand. “Growth can only be achieved by those willing to find creative ways to deliver value to their customers, whether through digital enablement or unexpected partnerships. This summit will examine whose leading this revolution and what to expect next.”
- Keynote: Mandell Crawley, CMO, Morgan Stanley
- Panel 1: Uncovering Unmet Consumer Needs
Some of the biggest FinTech disruptors have been able to identify and service the needs of consumers underserved by the traditional banking models. Come hear from brands on how they’ve been able to identity opportunities and scale their operations to meet these needs, whilst building a strong brand in the marketplace.
- Moderator: Prof. Pragya Mathur, Baruch College
- Gina Harman, CEO, Accion
- Kevin Young, CMO, Custora
- Rohit Arora, CEO, Biz2Credit
- Phil Degisi, CMO, CommonBond
- Panel 2: Using Digital to Innovate vs. Disrupt
Innovation in financial services has led to a plethora of new business models, products and services. Its impact goes far beyond new players, as the industry adapts to user needs while addressing global and regional regulatory challenges and opportunities posed on incumbents and startups alike. Hear from industry leaders on how technology is reshaping what’s possible today and tomorrow in this highly regulated industry.
- Moderator: Megan Brewer-Koptchev, Head of Innovation, Credit Suisse
- Jessica Desjardins, Vice President Client & Advisory Platform Solutions, Morgan Stanley
- Alex Lirtsman, Co-founder and Chief Strategist, Ready Set Rocket
- Anthony Vitalone, Head of Digital Marketing, VanEck
- Krishna Srinivasan, Global Business Services – Financial Services Sector, IBM
- Panel 3: Building Partnerships to Navigate the Unknown
Given the highly competitive and regulatory nature of the finance services industry, it can be challenging to uncover and scale opportunities. Hear how brands that are helping the Financial Services ecosystem adapt and grow with the times.
- Moderator: Meghann Fraser, Senior Director – Strategy, Interbrand
- Prof. Mahima Hada, Baruch College
- Alexandra Tynion, Head of Growth, SeedInvest
- Marika Vilen, Global Head of Alliances, Thomson Reuters
- Paras Jain, Head of East Coast Tech, Macquarie
For more information about the event or to register for free, visit here.
About Ready Set Rocket
Ready Set Rocket is a New York City-based digital agency committed to connecting brands and consumers through innovative multi-channel experiences. We are a team of expert makers, relationship builders, technological innovators and brand enthusiasts who collaborate closely and effectively to solve our client’s challenges. We work with innovative brands like Seagram’s Gin, Fast Company, J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Michael Kors, Tylenol, Univision and others.
At Interbrand, we believe that growth is achieved when an organization has a clear strategy and delivers exceptional customer experiences. We do both, through a combination of strategy, creativity, and technology that helps drive growth for our clients’ brands and businesses. With a network of 29 offices in 22 countries, Interbrand is a global brand agency, and publisher of the highly influential annual Best Global Brands and Breakthrough Brands reports, and Webby Award-winning brandchannel. Interbrand is part of the Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) network of agencies. For more information, please contact us, or follow Interbrand on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
About the New York Stock Exchange
NYSE is the world’s most diverse exchange group, offering a broad and growing array of financial products and services in Europe and the United States that include cash equities, futures, options, exchange-traded products, bonds, market data, and commercial technology solutions. With over 8,000 listed issues globally, NYSE’s equities markets — the New York Stock Exchange, Euronext, NYSE Arca, and NYSE Amex — represent nearly 40% of the world’s cash equities trading volume, the most liquidity of any global exchange group. NYSE also operates NYSE Liffe, the leading European derivatives business and the world’s second largest derivatives business by value of trading. NYSE Euronext offers comprehensive global commercial technology, connectivity, and market data products and services through its innovative trading solutions unit, NYSE Technologies. NYSE is part of the S&P 500 index and the only exchange operator in the S&P 100 index.
About Baruch College
Baruch College is ranked among the region’s and nation’s top colleges by U.S. News & World Report, Forbes, Princeton Review, and others. Our campus is within easy reach of Wall Street, Midtown, and the global headquarters of major companies and non-profit and cultural organizations, giving students unparalleled internship, career, and networking opportunities. The College’s more than 18,000 students, who speak more than 110 languages and trace their heritage to more than 170 countries, have been repeatedly named one of the most ethnically diverse student bodies in the United States.