BOSTON – (October 13, 2014) The Retirement Income Industry Association (RIIA) has announced that Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the premier sponsor of the association’s popular Virtual Learning Center which features bi-monthly webinars on cutting edge topics for the retirement and financial services industry.
Since 2011, RIIA has offered members and invitees robust, timely webinars on all things retirement. In 2013, the organization expanded this program to include a Retirement Income Virtual Learning Center (VLC) with webinars targeted to two audiences: advisors and institution/home office financial professionals.
“We are honored that Bank of American Merrill Lynch has chosen to sponsor our program for the 2014-2015 year of webinars,” said Kim McSheridan, business director of the RIIA VLC and Assistant Editor of the Retirement Management Journal. “To date, the topics and presenters have been phenomenal and feedback from our audiences has reflected enthusiasm for the education, learning and insight they receive. The expertise and support of Bank of America Merrill Lynch will help us bring these interactive events to an exciting new level.”
“We are proud to sponsor an event that brings together retirement thought leaders and subject matter experts to share insights and best practices that will help our industry and financial advisors better serve clients,” says Bill Hunter, Director of Personal Retirement Strategy and Solutions at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
As a Gold Sponsor of RIIA’s Fall conference (October 23- 24, 2014 in Charlotte, NC), Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Hunter will be a featured speaker at the event where he will present Merrill Lynch Clear™, a pioneering framework designed to connect people’s lives to their finances and help them live their best life in retirement.
Key webinars in 2014 included:
- Alain Valles, Direct Finance Corp. – Utilizing Reverse Mortgages as a Risk Management & Flooring Strategy
- Matt Greenwald, Mathew Greenwald & Associates – Process of Retirement and Retirement Risks: Report on Survey & 8 Focus Groups
- Michael Kitces, Pinnacle Advisory Group – Setting a Proper Asset Allocation Glidepath in Retirement
- Stan “The Annuity Man” Haithcock – 7 Reasons Not to Buy an Annuity
- Francois Gadenne, the Retirement Income Industry Association – What Type of Best Practices Are You Seeking?
Upcoming September 2014 events include:
• September 3 – Shelley Giordano, Chair, Longevity Funding Task Force will present: Academic Research: Housing Wealth in Retirement Distribution.
• September 17, Howard Schneider, Practical Perspectives will present: Market Opportunities Report
To learn more about the VLC and how you can be involved, please contact Kim McSheridan.
To learn more about the RIIA Fall conference hosted by Wells Fargo, October 23-24, 2014 in Charlotte, NC, check out the agenda details here.
About the Retirement Income Industry Association
RIIA was founded in 2006 to help solve the retirement problem by:
• Discovering the new realities of retirement
• Providing an objective and inclusive view across the business silos: The View Across the Silos℠
• Developing its findings into innovative solutions: The New Wealth and Consumption Planning℠
Boomer demographics drive three fundamental disruptions for the financial industry:
• The presence of client risks and needs not addressed by traditional investment management
• Solutions that exist outside of the traditional investment management business models
• Academic justifications that expand beyond the traditional focus on wealth
RIIA’s culture brings the financial industry together with a unique “View Across Silos(sm)” creating an unbiased forum for the discovery of the emerging “Wealth and Consumption Management(sm)” best practices, including open discussions, advanced education, market insight and research, and thought leadership.
Media Contact: Susan B. Chanley, 781-587-0115, firstname.lastname@example.org