Mass Association of Health Underwriters Welcomes ten non-profit and for profit health insurance CEOs to annual gathering
Boston –April 19, 2016 — The Massachusetts Association of Health Underwriters (MassAHU) announced that Benefest 2016, the 14th Annual Statewide Conference and Trade Fair, will be held on Thursday, May 5th, at the DoubleTree Hotel in Westborough, Mass.
Benefest is one of the leading health insurance industry events in New England and this year we are maintaining our momentum and welcoming ten non-profit and for profit health insurance CEOs to discuss the state of the industry.
Panelists will include individuals from BlueCross Blue Shield MA, Fallon Health, Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan, Minuteman Health, Tufts Health Plan, Health New England, Neighborhood Health Plan, Cigna, Aetna and United Healthcare.
Highlights of the event:
- Two Panels – a Non-Profit CEO Perspective Panel and a For Profit CEO Perspective – back to back moderated by MassAHU president David A. Shore.
- Keynote address: On To the Election: Preparing Your Clients for November –navigating through the upcoming election providing insights on positioning your clients for success – regardless of which party is in the Oval Office.
- A CEU track and Motivational Track with outstanding presenters
- Benefest’s closing program is all about the broker – Rethinking Employee Benefits – the Opportunities and Challenges – a panel discussion with brokers for brokers.
MassAHU, looking ahead to the next generation of brokers, presents a strong lineup of programs following the CEO Panel Perspective with James Slotnick, AVP, Advanced Markets & Broker Education with Sun Life Financial, as keynote speaker, presents Build Your Business – Your Clients Need to Understand the Realities.
Following are two tracks of exceptional presenters and topics: for those needing continuing education credits, William G. Stuart, with Benefit Strategies will team up with Gary Fradin, president, TheMedicalGuide in presenting Using Next Generation HRA’s and HSA’s to Enhance Company Productivity. The motivational track will feature Chad Schneider, Chief Sales Officer of CodeSixFour, a provider of advanced predictive analytics and content marketing solutions for the insurance industry.
Following is Katie Catlender with Neighborhood Health Plan. As the past few years have seen unprecedented amounts of capital flow into healthcare investment dollars and healthcare is ripe for becoming a true consumer business, Ms. Catlender, chief customer officer, who leads NHP’s Commerical Sales, Product and Benefits Management, Enrollment, Customer and Provider Services at NHP, will focus on The Consumer Experience – the next competitive differentiator.
All about the Broker
Benefest’s closing program is all about the broker – Rethinking Employee Benefits – the Opportunities and Challenges – a panel discussion with brokers for brokers. This exceptional panel will be moderated by Joe Lawler, CEBS, MassAHU treasurer.
Details of Benefest:
- When: May 5, 2016 from 7:30 am to 4:15 pm
- Where: The Double Tree Hotel, 5400 Computer Drive Westborough, Massachusetts
- Why: To discuss key issues that continue to shape the broker employee benefit world and health care industry.
- Register: Go to the MassAHU website at www.massahu.org
MassAHU is the state chapter of the National Association of Health Underwriters representing 98,000 professional health insurance agents and brokers who provide insurance for millions of Americans and advocates on behalf of consumers and employers. MassAHU embraces collaboration to increase access to high quality, affordable health care through the private insurance market and in empowering consumers by promoting total transparency of price and quality care.
For more information, please contact Kate Bardsley, Executive Director of MassAHU at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the www.massahu.org website.