New survey reveals where engaged investors are moving their money
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov. 15, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Tradier, a next generation brokerage solution provider that powers one of the largest communities of active equity and options traders in the market, today unveiled its 2023 Active Retail Trader survey. The survey, focused on active retail traders, provides a snapshot of where engaged investors are moving their money, along with preferred trading strategies heading into 2024.
With its unique brokerage model, Tradier’s technology powers trading from over 100 independent platforms globally giving the firm a unique view into active retail trader sentiment, interests, and behavior.
Additional insights showed that:
- New Focus Area: More than half of respondents (55%) say they’re either already trading or are interested in trading 0DTE (Zero Days to Expiration) options
- Moving Past Meme Stocks: 92% of retail traders said they are not actively trading “meme stocks”
- Crypto Bubble Burst: 86% of respondents said they are not actively trading cryptocurrencies
- Options Focused: 67% of respondents chose options as their preferred and primary trading instrument
- Shift in News: Only 20% of respondents said they get their news from traditional TV channels. Twitter (now X) is the most sought-after social platform by active retail traders.
“Despite a challenging market, we’ve seen sustained investor interest and the emergence of graduated and skilled active traders in 2023,” said Dan Raju, CEO of Tradier. “While equity and options are of primary interest, meme stocks and cryptocurrencies are less appealing to retail traders as they transition to more intricate trading. Zero-day-to-expiration options are popular among today’s active retail trader crowd and will continue to grow in popularity in 2024. Focus on technology, service, transparency, and education will more greatly fuel the growth in the active trader market, who are undeterred by gloomy economic headlines.”
About Tradier, Inc.
Tradier, Inc. is a cloud-based financial services provider and brokerage API company that offers a groundbreaking platform to serve platform providers, advisors, developers, and individual investors. For more information about the report or Tradier, please visit www.tradier.com.