- Five Critical Mistakes That Blunt Leadership Effectiveness
Often, it's knowing what not to do that counts
by David Waits Since 2000, according to a national survey, less than one-third of workers in the United States are engaged in their work as measured by their involvement, enthusiasm, and commitment to their work. read more
- Are Schools Failing Students When It Comes To Money Matters?
Educators Must Make Financial Literacy A PrioritySomething may be missing as high school seniors across America accept their diplomas this graduation season... read more
- The Hartford Sponsors AARP Foundation’s Back To Work 50+ Initiative
To Support Low-income Older Adults And Generate Small Business GrowthThe Hartford has committed $1.4 million to AARP Foundation to extend the initiative to help low-income older adults assess opportunities to become entrepreneurs and create microenterprises. read more
- Are Usury Laws Making a Comeback?
Examining Madden v. Midland Funding
by Richard Kelly, Managing Director, NewOak Over time, we have grown accustomed to banks and credit card companies charging high interest rates on consumer loans, sometimes upwards of 30%. This raises the question: whatever happened to the usury laws enacted by many states to prevent the collection of “unconscionable” interest rates? read more
- Insurers Warn of Looming Talent Gap
By 2025, 75% of the workforce will be Millennials;A recent episode of A.M.BestTV highlights the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation’s (IICF) Women in Insurance Global Conference, New York, NY, where insurers said the insurance workforce is aging without an adequate influx of younger management talent. read more
The time to win this talent is NOW
- Stronger Advanced Markets Boost Industry Growth
For 2014, global life premiums returned to positive real growth,The global insurance industry gained momentum in 2014, even though the economic environment improved only marginally, says Swiss Re's latest sigma study. read more
above pre-crisis average; Profitability improves
- Life Happens Honors Insurance Agents for Exemplary Client Service
2015 Real Life Stories Showcase Invaluable Contributions Insurance nonprofit organization Life Happens today announced the winners of its annual Real Life Stories Client Recognition Program, which celebrates insurance agents and advisors for their outstanding professional and personal commitments to supporting clients and their families in times of need. read more
of Insurance Professionals in Protecting Families
- Are Women The Differentiators in Business Leadership?
Gallup: Only 18 Percent Of Companies Hire The Right ManagersBusinesses do a poor job picking managers to lead their employees, collectively costing companies billions of dollars each year, according to a recent Gallup report titled “State of the American Manager.” read more
- How Will The Fiduciary Rule Impact Advisors?
Underdstanding the DOL's proposal on ERISA fiduciary status By now, you are likely inundated with summaries and analysis of the Fiduciary Rule, prepared both internally and externally, including commentary from industry based trade and lobbying associations. read more
- 9 in 10 Consumers Say Their Advisor Puts Them FirstNine in ten consumers who work with a paid financial advisor* believe their advisor always puts their interests first, according to a new consumer study by the LIMRA Secure Retirement Institute. read more
- Profitability Crisis: Flailing Consumer Confidence a Key Factor in Revenue Loss
4 Sure-Fire Strategies for Cultivating Consumer Credibility, Trust
by Brian Greenberg There’s been much researched and reported about why businesses don’t turn a profit—some chronically operating “in the red” month after month until failure finally ensues. read more
- Dad’s Household Value Hits $25,000, But Still Lags Behind Mom’s
Hidden values for the job of parenting underdscore an urgent need to protect them This Father’s Day, Dad has an extra reason to celebrate: The annual value of his household tasks has finally surpassed $25,000. read more
Boston-Area Website Design by BKJ Productions